Cocoa Brownies 2.0
4 large eggs
7 ounces granulated sugar
6 ounces light brown sugar
5 3/4 ounces natural cocoa powder (not Dutch process)
2 1/2 ounces all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
8 ounces unsalted butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees Farenheit.
Prepare an 8-inch square baking pan with vegetable oil or non-stick spray. Trim a piece of parchment paper so that it fits just inside the baking dish with overhang on two sides and place it inside the pan.
Beat the eggs until fluffy and light yellow.
In a separate bowl, combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, flour and salt. Mix slowly and introduce the sugar mixture. Follow with the melted butter and vanilla. Continue mixing until nice and smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake the brownies for 15 minutes, then remove them from the oven for 15 minutes.
Put them back in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Cool in the pan for 3 minutes, then lift the brownie out using the parchment paper as a sling. Cut the brownies into 4 large pieces and move to a rack to cool completely.
http://www.facebook.com/joshwilltravel – http://www.twitter.com/joshwilltravel
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE: http://www.joshwilltravel.wordpress.com
“I Love You Alice B. Toklas” with Peter Sellers
OPTIONAL SUBSTITUTION TO MAKE ALICE B. TOKLAS BROWNIES:
Recipe makes 1 pound
1 pound of unsalted butter
1 ounce of cannabis – good to excellent grade is recommended
Tupperware container with a lid
rubber band that will fit around the Tupperware
• Pour 2 inches of water into the saucepan and boil.
• Once boiling, add the butter into the saucepan, being careful that the butter does not burn. Once melted, turn the heat to low.
• Stir the cannabis into the butter, and simmer on low heat. Let simmer for at least 3 hours. The longer the simmer, the higher the potency. Make sure to stir often.
Strap 2 sheets of cheesecloth overtop the Tupperware bowl using the rubber band.
• Slowly pour the cannabis butter through the cheesecloth and into the Tupperware.
• Remove the cheesecloth, and ring-out any extra butter stuck in the cloth into the Tupperware.
Put the lid on the Tupperware and put it in the fridge until the water and butter separate. Carefully pour out the water—the remaining block is cannabutter.
Cannabutter, ready for cooking.
View our previous Blog – Mrs. Hochmeyer’s Banana Bread: http://wp.me/p3dhVM-1DR
View our previous Blog – George Formby, “The Emperor of Lancashire”: http://wp.me/p3dhVM-1fb with a link to a clip of Peter Sellers playing the ukulele.