FUN COOKING RECIPES 2
MORE VINTAGE, HISTORIC, CLASSIC and AWARD-WINNING RECIPES:
This Page is Currently Under Construction!
Eggs à la Benedick (original recipe)
Cut some muffins in halves crosswise, toast them without allowing to brown, then place a round of cooked ham an eighth of an inch thick and of the same diameter as the muffins on each half. Heat in a moderate oven and put a poached egg on each toast. Cover the whole with Hollandaise sauce (No. 501). – created by Chef Charles Ranhofer at Delmonico’s
DAVID’S ONION DIP FROM SCRATCH
Absurdly simple… Three large sweet yellow onions, two medium red onions, two large shallots. Slice all of these medium thin, and caramelize slowly in a heavy skillet with three Tbsp olive oil, one teaspoon coarse salt and two teaspoons of fresh ground pepper… When the mix is translucent, add two teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce and five to six cloves of garlic (chopped fine)… When well caramelized, scoop the mixture into a bowl and hold while you render three or four slices of thick cut bacon (coarse chopped) until it is very crisp… Add the bacon bits to the onion mixture and mix well… Put three 8oz packages of your favorite cream cheese (softened) in to a large bowl or stand mixer, and mix with two pints of sour cream… Slowly add the onion and bacon mixture to the bowl and mix at slow speed until completely incorporated… Adjust with salt and pepper to taste… Chill thoroughly and serve with thick cut potato chips….
AND THEN CLICK AGAIN TO VIEW THE PIC AT FULL SIZE!
AND THEN CLICK AGAIN TO VIEW THE PIC AT FULL SIZE!
Potato Latkes (potato pancakes/hashbrowns)
How to make Potato Latkes (potato pancakes):
3 potatoes (peeled and grated), small onion (1/2 grated, 1/2 finely chopped). Add 2 eggs (beaten), 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 tsp baking powder. Mix ingredients well. Heat cooking oil to med high in large frying pan. Spoon 1 large tablespoon at a time into oil. Cook until crispy golden brown on each side. Drain and pat dry on paper towel and serve warm with applesauce and sour cream.
Original Nestle’s Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe!
Total Time: 45 minutes (Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: ~15 minutes)
Yields 2 to 3 dozen cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, plus more for baking sheets
(for chewy cookies use half butter and half Crisco)
3/4 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved into 1 teaspoon hot water
2 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon table salt
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
12 ounces (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375°.
Cream the butter and sugars. Add the beaten eggs.
Add the baking soda dissolved in hot water.
Sift together the flour and salt and add to the butter mixture.
Then stir in the nuts, chocolate chips, and vanilla.
Chill the dough (Note: Optional, we usually skip this step).
Drop by tablespoonful onto lightly greased cookie sheets
Bake until browned at the edges, 10 to 12 minutes.
“Hey Berta, wanna hear something cool?
The ancient Romans had a place called a vomitorium
where people could eat as much as the wanted,
puke, and then eat some more.”
“Huh, just like the Sizzler.”
Gingerbread by Makes 1 9-inch square cake (about 16 servings)
Cook Time: 35 Minutes – Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup
and leveled-off with back edge of knife
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup mild-flavored molasses, such as Grandma’s Original
(not Robust or Blackstrap)
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-in square pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add a few tablespoons of flour to the pan; shake and turn pan until bottom and sides are evenly coated with flour. Hold pan upside-down over sink, tap out excess flour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine, butter, dark brown sugar, molasses and boiling water. Whisk until butter is melted. When mixture is luke warm, whisk in egg.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until just combined and there are no more lumps. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 35 minutes, or until the edges look dark and the middle feels firm to the touch. Set pan on a rack to cool slightly, then cut into squares and serve. This cake is best served warm out of the oven or reheated.
Sharon M.’s Sweet Lemon Sauce
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
Thicken the sugar, water and cornstarch
and then add lemon/zest and butter
“Know Your Cuts of Meat!” – David Letterman
FUN COOKING RECIPES
Disney’s Secret Recipes
More Fun Recipes
Cooking With Kenny Rogers – DOLE Cookbook Recipes
FUN COCKTAIL RECIPES
Use the links below to FOLLOW and LIKE us on other social media!
RIGHT CLICK and “OPEN IN NEW WINDOW” TO VIEW LINKS>
RETURN TO HOMEPAGE> http://www.joshwilltravel.wordpress.com
RIGHT CLICK AND “OPEN IN NEW WINDOW” TO VIEW OUR YOUTUBE PAGE!>
The “JoshWillTravel AdventureScope” is now available on Youtube!>
(And our Periscope videos from Katch are now posted on YouTube)